Wednesday, November 27, 2013

24 never felt so good!

Man, this one really sneaked up on me. I knew it was coming, but I've been so wrapped up in my own drama, that I didn't really take the time to realize how rapidly it was approaching, and just like that all the Facebook posts come rolling in.

I always find myself doing some serious reflecting on my birthday, as I think we all should. I mean, it's a great time to just review your past year and see how far you have come. Even if you are feeling down on yourself, or under-accomplished (like me), you have kept yourself alive for yet another year. That has to be worth some sort of congratulatory dance, right? Well, I sure hope so. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for making it to 24. 23 was not good to this girl, but as I reflect, I realize that for as many ridiculously discouraging things that slapped me in my face during my 23rd year, I also experienced some rather fantastic things: I spent another year with a guy that loves me in spite of my anxiously analytic approach to everything in life and this morning, he was up at 5:30 am making me a fancy breakfast before taking me to work :)! Also, I have a job that pays me enough to be able to support myself (mostly) independently. Lastly, I have the most supportive and loving family/friends out there, and they are (while I may not always be) proud of me for simply trying at everything I do. For that, I am eternally grateful.

When we are in the thick of things, we seldom see the sunshine through the trees. With my birthday always falling so close to Thanksgiving, I can never find a better time to thankful. And I really, really am.

Cheers to 24, and all the POSITIVE things it has for me!

Short post today. Trying to soak up my first day in my 24th year :).

Now I have flying home to Charm City to look forward to, and I can't wait to share my mommy's fabulously decadent Thanksgiving feast with you all (even if you can't taste it, which is a true tragedy)!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment