Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Limit To Your Love

I am one of those lucky people that you envy. You know, the people who get to wake up every morning and ride public transportation to work!! Don't hate. In all actuality, there are so, so many negative things I could say about this, but what I will say is that this experience has provided me with some lovely material for conversation (and blogging). You will never catch me without at least one story from my 'CTA Chronicles'.

Lately, as in only twice now (but I tend to exaggerate when something really bothers me), I have seen this couple on my morning commute. I cannot imagine them being anything less than madly in love, LET ME TELL YOU. And, I mean, I'm happy for them I guess. Love is a beautiful thing. As a person in a relationship, I know how important it is to show the person that you love that you do in fact love them. I am guilty of not being sure to do this more often than I am prepared to admit (sorry, boo boo :( ). But, like, isn't there a line or something? A limit, if you will? And if there is, where is it? Please enlighten me. Because I was kind of under the impression that it was probably right before you begin making out right in front of the girl [me] sipping on her [my] tall americano with SF vanilla and room for skim (this is my new favorite drink from Starbucks, and I wanted to squeeze it in somehow). 

Call me the Relationship Grinch, but I am over it! Passionate kisses at approximately 7:24 am are not my idea of a balanced breakfast. I take sugar with my coffee occasionally, but not THAT kind. I have a heart, I promise. I am not against publicly acknowledging my feelings for another person. I love holding hands as much as the next person, but you will not catch me giving obvious sex eyes and doing a seductive runway walk towards my lovah in the middle of Red Line Run 495. I just won't do it. I am a people watcher at heart, and I have seen some adorable showcases of love that did not make me uncomfortable. Kissing in public is not gross. I don't think that at all. I have seen moments that couples probably don't even know I was present for. I realize I'm sounding borderline stalker right now, but hopefully you know what I mean. You know, when you catch an exchange between two people that completely melts your heart, but they have no idea you even saw it and that's what makes it even better? Maybe that's what bothers me so much. P.D.A. when you know someone's looking. It's just not tender! If you sneak in a kiss because you were just overcome with how much you love the person standing in front of you, and I happen to look up at that very moment, and then *poof* moment gone, cool! That's just the cutest! BUT...if we are on the packed southbound Red Line towards 95th/Dan Ryan and people cannot even squeeze by you to make their connection to the Brown Line because you are too engrossed in the most passionate kiss I have seen since Diane Lane and Olivier Martinez in Unfaithful, I am angry at you. WE ARE NOT FRIENDS.

There are ways to make it publicly known that you are in love. I have seen it. There are also ways to annoy me and make the fact that I am awake before 8:00 am a more devastating fact than it already is. Couple McNasty, that is what you did to me this morning.

So, I don't think I am against P.D.A., but there are levels to this stuff. 

What do you think? Am I a Grinch?


No comments:

Post a Comment