Monday, December 16, 2013

S.O.S.

Tis' the season...and no I don't mean Christmas. I mean the season when the gym becomes the most unappealing destination on this planet. I abhor the mere idea if getting off work and going anywhere other than to my apartment. I just want to put on a sweatshirt, enjoy my gas forced heat and watch shameless amounts of Netflix with a glass of wine in hand. 


Now,  those close to me know that I am a pretty health conscious person. I indulge, believe me. Sometimes, I am even a little over indulgent...if that's even possible. Somethings are just meant to be devoured. Yeah, I said it. Sue me! 

No, but in all seriousness, I am  passionate about food tasting delectable, yet being good for you. I am a pinning fool, and you'll notice that about 95% of my recipes are the lighter versions of crowd favorites. This girl likes to EAT. But my thighs just won't allow me to do so without paying for it, so I compromise with myself..."FINE, SELF! I'll use the greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. HAPPY?!"

All of this healthy eating aside, this girl has a serious aversion to portion control. That coupled with my recent diagnosis of gymphobia is not a recipe for anything I've found on my "Yummies" board. 

WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO?! 

..................

That was not a rhetorical question. I am seeking some guidance here! I was a running fool this summer. I would run, on average, about 20 miles a week. For some, that may not be much, but for me that. was. EPIC. Now, I'm lucky if I run 8 miles. I JUST DON'T WANNAAAAAA! Instead, you can find me standing in front of my mirror insulting myself. Ugh!

So, what do you do to stay motivated during these winter months filled with cookies, candies and all of the other things that I love? Share your wisdom, oh workout gods!




P.S. In an effort to spice up my lazy winter months with some exciting goodies to motivate fitness, I've made a recent order from iherb.com. A nifty little health site I discovered through the fit bloggers I follow on Insta. Honestly, if you are into supplements, protein bars, shakes, beauty, skin care...you name it! Check this site out...and get $5-$10 off your first order with this code: WHF223. Seriously works! I used my friends code for my first order, and only spent $33 for mutliple items!


No comments:

Post a Comment