Friday, January 3, 2014

A Year in the Life

Hi guys!

I know, it's been a while. Between my Holiday travels and New Year's festivities, I really did not prioritize my writing. Shame on me! Another big reason I have been so absent, is because like most other people, I have been doing a lot of reflecting. The end of the year/the start of a new year always seems to be the time that we take to really look back and then make plans to move forward. I am no different. Only, this year the reflection has been a bit difficult. 2013 was probably one of the more difficult years of my adult life. It was my first full calendar year in Chicago, away from my family and friends. It was also a year where I personally didn't feel much growth. I know in five years, I may look back on 2013 and feel differently, but right now it really just feels like a big stain on my history as a person. New Years Eve was a hard night for me, because while most people were celebrating the end of a year, and posting all of their photo collages of their best times, and greatest accomplishments, I was just kinda sitting here like...yeah...I made it through by the skin of my teeth and not really looking forward to much. And this is not to stay that those people with great accomplishments did not deserve them or have hardships and road blocks along the way, but it's to say that though good things did happen to me, they did not overshadow my overall unhappiness. 

So, yeah, it was hard for me to come back to this blog, because while I pride myself on transparency, I don't want this to be a boo-hoo fest. With that said, I am going to hop on the resolution train. While I do not think that resolutions have to be saved for the New Year, we can resolve to be better on say...July 22 if we want! But now is as good a time as any. I have some really simple goals for 2014:

I resolve to...

-  be better to myself. If I want something (within my means), buy it. If I do something well, be proud of myself. If I look nice, acknowledge it. I am so negative and rude to myself on a daily basis...I am really going to try to change that.

- eat well.  I am not going to be afraid to spend the extra $$ if I decide I'd like to try eating organic, and I am also not going to be afraid to spend the extra calories if I decide I want French Toast.

- stick to a fitness regimen. That's pretty straight forward.

- be better to those around me. I have a habit of taking out my feelings about myself and my situation on those closest to me. I really want to work on NOT doing that in the New Year.

- find my joy. I lost my focus and my direction in 2013.

- Celebrate small victories.

- Save money.

- Spend money.


I could go on forever, but these are my main focuses starting out. Oh! And of course, I resolve to maintain a consistent blogging schedule. This blog is one of the only creative and stimulating things I do solely for ME. And I hope that you all continue to enjoy my rants and antics.

Happy Belated New Year!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment